January 11, 2009

Small Update

We have not received the official "letter of denial" yet.. but I am expecting it any day. I decided to call an agency that works with a few close by counties (recommended by a friend.. thank you!) I called and talked to the Social Worker there to see what she thought. I told her our situation and asked her if we have any hope. She was amazing and very nice. She said not to do anything yet.. be positive and don't lose hope with the county until they actually deny us.. because ya just never know. Any way, she did say if" we do get denied by the county to give her a call and we can talk. She said it is not up to her if we get licensed that it works a little differently when working with an agency vs. the county, but we could go in and meet with her and she is willing to talk to us about our options. So right now we are just waiting to see what happens.

Like I had said before, Danny left a message (two messages) for our adoptions worker, who approved us originally, to be sent over to licensing to see if there is anything she can do. She has not called us back yet, which is not like her. I don't know what to think about that other than maybe... she is waiting to hear from the licensing worker to see what is going on before she calls us back. I am going to try her again on Monday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers are crossed for you!

ash said...

call me if you want to talk, our agency is fantastic maybe you could work with them?

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, your mom told me about your little road bump :(
It makes me so sad and frustrated for you and Danny. I don't even know you, but I do know your family and the way they talk about you and that you are a great person. You are more than deserving of this adoption and, for whatever reason, you are being faced with these additional challanges. This will only make you stronger and I know that you will eventually be blessed with what you want so badly. Please stay determined and keep your head up. You and Danny are in our thoughts always.
XOXO