January 17, 2009

The Letter

The licensing worker called Thursday night to tell us that the official denial letter was going out in the mail on Friday with the information about the appeal. I left another message for our adoptions worker. She called me back last night and we talked for quite a while. She is so wonderful. She told me a little bit about the appeal process and a little bit about what to expect, although she hasn't had any of her couples actually go through the appeal process so she didn't know to much. She said she does think it is a good idea for us to appeal, which to me was encouraging. I guess I was half way expecting her to look into "other options" but she didn't. She even told me that she will try to keep our case open as long as the department would let her. If they do have to close it, we just have to write in a letter (if the appeal works our way) to re-open it and she will gladly take on our case again. She was a bi frustrated because the LW never got in touch with her before calling me with the news. She said it should not happen that way, but what difference does it make at this point?

The letter should be here either today or Monday and we have 15 days to send in our appeal. We are responsible adults, with a successful business, we own our home, we are active members of the community, and we want this more than anything. I think those are good reasons to go for this appeal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Still sending positive vibes your way!

Anonymous said...

Well I am still hoping that the appeal will work you guys have gone to far for this journey to end. You guys are fighters and havew to much love to give for this to just end. My prayers are with youy guys