January 19, 2009

The Appeal

We did receive the denial letter with the attached appeal request form. We have completed it and it is going out in today's mail. Fingers Crossed that we get an appeal date that is not to far out. The Adoptions worker told me that she had one couple consider appealing their denial, and their appeal date, to go in front of the judge was not set for 8 months, so they ended up moving on and going with private adoption. Any way, I am hoping that our court date is not set that far out. As soon as we hear something, I will let you know. Thank you again for all your support!

3 comments:

Lyn said...

I'm praying for you that it works out. I can't believe that something that happened eleven years ago can affect you NOW, especially when nothing has happened since that would reinforce it. Matt and I have decided not to go the foster-adopt route for our own reasons, but I'm hoping and praying it works out for you two! Any child would be lucky to call you Mom. xoxox

Anonymous said...

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi. We met through the cafemom website. I've been praying for you and your husband for quite some time now. I have a small adoptive/foster Mama's Bible study group that meets in my home on Wed. morning and we've been lifting you guys up in our prayers. I've looked at your journey and was so torn with the outcome. Now, a judge will decide and hopefully that judge will see that 11 years ago was a LONG TIME. Come'on birth parents do worse things than that and even to their own children. BIG HUGS!!!!