June 25, 2008

Kristi's Interview

My individual Interview went really well. It did actually end up being about 2 1/2 hours as well.. but that was more my fault than anything. Once she was done interviewing me she asked if I had any questions... and that's when I unloaded on her, lol. She was wonderful and answered every question I had, and was very thorough.

I am excited with the progress that we are making. She told me we have a few more things we need to turn in and once we get those in, she will send us the referral for licensing. The licensing process takes on average, about 6 weeks. This part includes the licensing department coming and out inspecting our home for all the safety issues. Once that is complete and she gets clearance, she will come out and visit our home and observe the "feeling" of the home. Then she will write up and turn in the homestudy for approval. Once all of that is complete, we will wait for a match/placement.

3 comments:

Jenn Davis said...

I am so happy that it's looking like *hopefully* September!!!! Crossing my fingers and thinking positive thoughts for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I just happened upon this blog and I think that it is great. My story is completely different... We have two daughters ages 20 and 16. They are absolutely awesome! We came across the idea of adoption (on a news program about it) and our girls were so supportive of the idea. We have so much love to give and if I do say so myself... my husband and I have raised two fabulous girls. We want to adopt a boy or boy siblings that are 8 - 13. We figure that these are ages that may not get as much attention as others and we are beyond the baby stage. We started our family at age 24, so we are still as young as most parents of kids age 13 these days. Anyway, we start the PRIDE classes here in the Dallas, TX area on July 19th and your story makes me very excited. I don't have a blog or anything but I just wanted to say good luck and I will keep you in my prayers. :) Teri

RMZeppenfeldtfam said...

thats just so great!! Soon enough your thoughts and prayers will be answered! :-)
I'm beyond thrilled for you both, lots of love..