September 9, 2008

Some progress made

We got a call from the SW today. Yay, some good news. We have been approved for licensing. this is a big step. We were told that her supervisor has reviewed our file and agrees that we are "fit" to adopt. She gave us the referral to the Foster Care Licensing department and then called me today to let me know. I asked her what we should expect next and she told me that we will need to call to sign up for the Foster Care Workshop. So I called as soon as I got off the phone with her and luckily, I was just in time. I was able to sign us up for the workshop that is tomorrow (next one is in two weeks). I will update after we go tomorrow and let you know what the next step is and when we should expect more progress. Yay, I am so excited!!!

5 comments:

Shane & Marie said...

That is great news! How exciting to be one step closer.

Anonymous said...

This is the best news I have heard in so long....We are so happy for you. You are now much closer then you really know....Love you both & wishing you this kind of Happiness everyday...Love ya Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

HALLELUJAH! I am sooooo excited and so extremely happy for the two of you. This is such great news and has totally made my day!!! YAY! You are one step close to the super happily ever after moment. I can't wait to get the update from you tomorrow. Do you guys want to meet for a lil din din tomorrow night? Need to have my Buckley fix so that I don't go through withdrawals since I won't see you this weekend. :-D If not no worries we can hang when you get back. Love you guys!! xoxo

RMZeppenfeldtfam said...

HOW WONDERFUL!!!! that is so GREAT!
I was starting to wonder what was going on with that. Very happy news, and so exciting!! you two are very much so 'fit' to be parents, I wouldn't doubt that. Can't wait to hear what they will tell you both tomorrow...will definitely check back! I'm thrilled for you two and your family. Love you guys bunches and bunches..
your friends,
RZ, MZ, RZ,& MZ

Jenn Davis said...

This is great news!! I am so excited sweetie! So is this workshop an all day class or several classes? I have lots of other questions, I'm glad we're going to lunch tomorrow so I can ask them all! YAY, YAY, YAY!!!! You're getting closer!!!