July 15, 2008

Comments

First off, I would like to say thank you so much to all of you who read our blog and follow our journey through Foster Care and adoption. As you all know, we have had a long road of decision making and soul searching to get to where we are today in the process. We have done a LOT of research, Networking, Studying and Educating ourselves with all the different avenues of adoption.

The purpose of our blog, ONCE AGAIN, is for friends and family to follow our journey. Simply put, it is hard to call everyone and update everyone with every single change that happens. This blog is to give everyone access into our lives, into our journey, our path to becoming a family. We most certainly could put this blog on private so that only admitted people can read it and comment. We chose not to do that. We choose to open our story to any one and everyone who is interested in following it. Everyone, of course, has their own story, their own experiences, good and bad. But please understand one thing. This is OUR story. This is OUR Journey. We would love to hear your stories, comments, and opinions as long as they are proactive and positive. If you have a negative story that you, in some way think can help us get through our journey a little easier, or some advice that you can give us to help with the transition for the children we are open to it.. as long as there is nothing hateful.

Therefore, we have decided to moderate the comments. you can say whatever you choose. But please understand that I will not post anything that is so negative and hateful that it will cause and e-mail/blog war on what is supposed to be a happy and exciting time for us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found so much bitterness on the subject it makes me so sad for the angry bitter people, but does not detract me for my goals and dreams, don't let them get to you.

Shane & Marie said...

Kristi, I'm so sorry you have to deal with rude and insensitive people. Each person that chooses to adopt do it for their own reasons and to be honest, they are no one elses business. I would just delete any comments that aren't here to support you! I think you will be a wonderful mom and can't wait for that day for you.

Lyn said...

Good for you, my friend. I have posted the same on my blog - I haven't had any hurtful comments (yet), but I've made it very clear that opinions contrary to my own are acceptable, as long as it's done in a compassionate way. Things that are MEANT to be hurtful have no place in my blog or my life. Same goes for you - you don't deserve it. You deserve to be happy and enjoy this time in your lives.

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful and special time for you guys. Enjoy every minute!You guys are surrounded by love and support!!!
xoxox