May 9, 2008

Frustrated!!!

No, no news on the adoption just yet.. the Social Worker still has until the 15th to call, before I call her (lol)...

The reason I am frustrated is....

I have my lovely niece, who is five, visiting my hubby and I from OR for 3 weeks. We came home yesterday to find that someone had broken into our home, by braking (shattering) the bathroom window and robbed our house. Of course I did not enter the home, especially with my niece. I called my husband, and the police and took my niece to play at the neighbors house. Once they got there and we went in, I found it definitely could have been a lot worse... trying to find some positive... they thrashed our bedroom and went through the office. They stole our computer and all my jewelry. They also took our Toaster (no more pop tarts and English muffins for my niece, until I get a new one) and the Coffee Maker... Luckily they didn't take any big items (other than the computer) like tv's or vcr's etc... It is so darn frustrating to know someone was in my home going through my things. Why are people so awful? We worked very hard to get the things we have (had) and it took us a while to get a computer at the house, we haven't even had it over a year yet... and now it is gone..
Well I just had to vent, and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Miapia17 said...

I'm so sorry you all had to experience this once again. People can be so horrible! I know it sucks bigtime what happened...but I'm glad nothing happen to anyone though. Good thing that you went to your neighbors house immediately. Things can be replaced, eventhough its not easy, but loved ones can not. I really hope you guys decided to get an alarm installed. Oh, don't you worry...karma can be very bad! What goes around comes around.
Keep your head high, and remember you have us here anytime you need to vent, thats what friends are for. : )

Anonymous said...

Alla hu akhbar!!!