May 28, 2008

Bridge Builder Classes

So, we missed the series of classes that started in May and ends June 30th.. so we have to wait for this series to end and we will start the next one, which should be the 1st week of July. This is what the classes will cover...

Class 1 - Becoming an Adoptive Parent of Children with Extra Needs
Class 2 - Lifelong Issues in Adoption
Class 3 - Special Needs Child Development
Class 4 - Creating Positive Attachments # 1
Class 5 - Creating Positive Attachments #2
Class 6 - Parenting the Abused and Neglected Child
Class 7 - Parenting the Substance Exposed Child

Of course I will keep you updated on what we learn, just like I did with the PRIDE classes. From my understanding.. these are the last set of classes we will be required to take to complete the homestudy and get approved for our Foster Care Licence.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey- saw your site on CafeMom on a message you left, and thought I would check it out! Adoption is a very exciting (and sometimes long and frustrating) process, and I wish you the best! We have been through it twice, so I can tell you, there will be a happy ending in sight! I will have to stop by again and check out your progress...Blessings to you- -J. (tudlejo on CafeMom)