March 23, 2009

Discouraging News

Unfortunately after talking to our Adoption Workers Supervisor over the weekend. She said she knows very little about the appeal process because once an appeal is filed it is turned over from the County to the State. She looked further into it for me and learned that it is not uncommon for the state to take any where from 3-12 months (yes a YEAR) to even issue the court date... then the actual court date can be any where from 3-6 months from then.

We are so limited on options and are not sure what to do next!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?! A year! I'm so sorry to hear that. It is so frustrating when all you want to do is to love and care for a child in need. Thinking of you.

Shane & Marie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't take anywhere near as long as they are telling you!