May 13, 2009

Had the Consult

So we had our consultation today with the Infertility Dr. We both really liked him and felt very comfortable. The first thing he said to us as he walked in the room was... I bet you can't wait to hear that noise in your own room! He was referring to the babies heart monitor that was attached to the pregnant woman in the room next to us. Wow, what a neat sound that was.

So we have decided to move forward with the artificial insemination. It looks like at this point we need to choose a donor and make an appointment for the procedure. It could all happen within the next two months. We were told that when a couple is trying to conceive you have about a 20% chance of conception on each try. With the procedure we will be doing, we will have about a 14% chance each try. So it might take a couple of attempts, a couple of months of trying. Our fingers (and bank account) are crossed that it works on one of the first tries.

We are still waiting on our appeal date to go in front of the judge for the adoption. We still want our Foster Care license and we still want to adopt. If (WHEN) the procedure works, it will just put the adoption on the back burner for the time being.

8 comments:

yo.ho said...

Awesome! So excited for you guys =)

Anonymous said...

Finally something positive to read about! I'm so happy for the both of you!

Colleen said...

Yay! I'm sending +positive+ vibes your way! Picking out a donor should be interesting - kind of like designing your own kid. Fun!

The Hartwell's said...

Love. It.

Yippee! I've got my fingers, eyes, legs, toes, arms... everything crossed for you two.

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
you know I'm in support of whatever you and your husband are doing. The journey in itself is the most challenging but one day you will look back and be thankful for all you've gone through. I'm so proud of you and your husband for not giving up and for being willing to try other options. I can't wait to sit with you and scrapbook the first pictures of you as a mommy! I know for sure that all things are possible and that you are sooooo deserving of motherhood! And it will happen!

Shane & Marie said...

I wish you both the best of luck in this new journey. We went through 3 rounds of IUI with donor. If you need any advice or just need to talk/vent, feel free to email me!

deborah davies said...

I am so happy that your trying this, i have had many friends that this has worked for. I will keeping my fingers crossed, but i know in my heart it will work for you... love auntie debbie

Miapia17 said...

Kristi,
sorry I have been lacking on keeping up to date with you guys. I am so happy to read this though!!! Which ever road you two decide on taking, know that I will be there for all the support and love needed. YAY! Crossing my fingers... xoxo.