October 27, 2008

Put a call in...

So I put a call into our Adoptions Worker on Friday. Just to touch base with her and remind her about us. She returned my call this a.m. I let her know where we are at with the licensing department and informed her that they requested additional information and that we provided it. She mentioned that the licensing department is very strict with their set of rules regarding how they do things and what has to be cleared. She said she will call our licensing worker just to chat with her about our file and make sure she doesn't have any concerns. She said, if there are any concerns, since she has gotten to know us, via our file and interviews.. she will try and reassure her about any hesitations.

Any way, she said getting cleared is a lot easier for family and friends of family, but she doesn't see any reason why we wont get licensed. She said that having gone this far and being this close, we just need to wait a bit more and everything should be ok. I am just getting so impatient!!!! LOL. I will keep you updated if we hear anything more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you reached out to your sw to ask her what the dealio is. Maybe that little nudge is just want the lw needs to get you moving through the licensing process quickly. I am sure everything you submitted is just perfect and that they are just slow and lagging. You are soooo meticulous with everything you do, I can't imagine what else they need or are in doubt of. They are just laggers...no surprise when dealing with the county I guess. hehe. I've got you in my thoughts and I'll give buddah an extra belly rub tonight (and every night) for extra luck! Love you all!!!!

RMZeppenfeldtfam said...

sorry I lagged a bit. But, Im glad to see that you are really following up with the sw as much as you possibly can.
Sometimes we gotta take initiative on our own. Thats just how it is. But seems like she is not forgetting you guys and is going to keep pushing this forward. So thats good.
Im sure that everything is just exactly as they want it to be from you two. Just hang in there a bit more, it will be really worth all of these hoops you are jumping through.
Lots of Love!